A Supply Chain experience that could change your business forever
- Build teamwork and improve the understanding between your business functions
- Design your Supply Chain to support your Business Strategy
- Experience the power of an effective S&OP process
- Improve your reporting and use of data to support better decisions
- Understand the root causes of inventory, and ways to reduce your stock levels
- Manage trade-offs to optimize the performance of your Supply Chain
The Fresh Connection uses a realistic business simulation to deliver powerful learnings.
Under the guidance of an experienced facilitator, participants progress through a number of "rounds" each representing 6 months of real-world operation. They learn Supply Chain best practices, apply them to make make strategic and tactical decisions and then observe the impact on business performance.
Teams of four, representing the Sales, Operations, Purchasing and Supply Chain functions of the business and are challenged to consider:
- The relationship between Business Strategy and Supply Chain design
- The practical steps required to put strategy into action
- Trade-offs and interactions between the business functions
- Structured decision making processes, including S&OP
- Ways to structure and present information to support decision making
- The role of inventory in the business
- The impact of basic Supply Chain decisions such as production frequency, lead times, safety stocks, capacity utilization, lot sizes and order quantities
- The role of performance improvements such as setup time reduction (SMED), maintenance improvements and de-bottlenecking
In-house courses can be tailored to address specific issues such as Sustainability, Category Management, Supply Chain Risk Management, and hybrid Supply Chain strategies.
A taste of The Fresh Connection
The introductory video used to set the scene for workshops
Apply the learnings to your own business and formulate your action plan
In the optional workshop on day 2 of our shared workshops participants work together, under the guidance of their facilitator to:
- Identify the high priority Supply Chain improvements that deliver the greatest benefit to your business
- Understand best practice in those areas
- Formulate an action plan to implement the changes and achieve the required outcomes
- Measure and report performance and track the improvements
- Consider the impacts on stakeholders and formulate change management and communication plans
- Understand risks and external influences that must be managed to ensure success
In the day 2 workshop participants from each company will work together to produce improvement plans for their own business. Other groups from different companies may be present in the same venue.
The facilitator will provide assistance to all groups. We limit the day 2 workshop to a maximum of 24 people in total.
The facilitator will tailor the workshop to meet the needs of the participants in each event. It is likely to focus on some of the following areas:
- Supply Chain strategy and design
- Supply Chain organization, roles and accountabilities
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Sales Forecasting and Demand Planning
- Inventory planning and management
- Master Planning and scheduling
- Procurement strategies
- Defining your service levels and service promise
- KPI measurements and reporting
- Delivering value from your ERP and Planning systems
- Design of your Lean Manufacturing programme and integration with the rest of the supply chain
- Continuous improvement processes and problem solving programmes
Since 2008, The Fresh Connection has been experienced by more than 12,000 professionals in 600 companies across the world.
- Fortune Global 500: 40% of the top 100 manufacturing businesses are using TFC
- Gartners Supply Chain Top 25: Over 50% are using TFC
- Global top 10 of 3rd Party Logistics Providers: 40% are using TFC
For the past few years we have used The Fresh Connection as part of our teambuilding and education programme. It vividly demonstrates the dependencies between the various parts of the business and provides a great tool for teambuilding. We also use The Fresh Connection in collaborating with key customers. Joint Mainfreight – Customer workshops provide a practical demonstration of the value that can be achieved by working together. They also produce practical ideas for making improvements that benefit both parties.
The Fresh Connection is a challenging test of decision making, commercial awareness and learning agility that requires each individual to understand the impact of their role and actions on the profitability of the whole business"
The Fresh Connection is a valuable tool for developing cross functional partnerships with key stakeholders in the value chain; focused on driving profitability through collaboration to achieve a common vision allowing alignment of functional goals to meet company objectives. The keys to success are: education, behavioral change, team work, collaboration and partnership-all values which are entrenched in The Fresh Connection.
Best business simulation game I ever played. Great way to learn how decisions affect the entire supply chain. More often, optimized decisions in silos bring troubles for the entire SC. Great way to form teams among different areas in a company. Easy to play despite participants in different countries or facilities. Teaches the importance of making decisions with numbers in order to optimize processes and that gut feeling and experience is important but not sufficient.
Use The Fresh Connection in your business:
- As a great team-building experience
- As the introduction to your Strategic Planning process
- To launch or reinvigorate your S&OP process
- To support your Information Systems implementation or upgrade
- With customers or suppliers to support collaboration and integration of your supply chains
- To grow your team's Supply Chain capabilities
- To generate new ideas for improving business performance
Contact us to arrange an in-house workshop designed to meet your business requirements
... or participate in a shared workshop:
Anybody that makes decisions that affect the performance of your supply chain should experience The Fresh Connection.
- Your Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer
- Functional heads of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Quality, Finance, Supply Chain, Operations and 0Procurement
- Sales and Operations Planning Manager
- Production planners, demand planners and analysts
- Anybody involved in your S&OP process
- Leaders of your Lean Manufacturing, Operational Excellence programme
- Business analysts and IT professionals involved in supporting your ERP, Business Intelligence and Supply Chain Planning systems
- Project managers and consultants working with your team
Take part in one of our public shared workshops. We suggest that you send a team of four to gain the greatest benefit.
John Chase is the facilitator for your in-house or shared workshop.
John is a veteran Supply Chain Manager and Consultant with over 30 years of experience in helping businesses to improve their Supply Chain and Manufacturing performance. He works with companies in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. John brings a practical approach and a strong focus on applying the workshop learnings to achieve real-world performance improvements.
I have engaged John on numerous projects over the last 8 years to lead change in S&OP and continous improvement programs where I have found him to be extremely knowledgeable and credible. I have come to think of him more as a business partner than consultant. I especially value his broad business knowledge and ability to cut to the things that matter for tangible benefits
John has been instrumental in our journey to build and implement an S&OP process. His approach is a perfect blend of academic and pragmatic with the view to build the right organization together with the right level of people capability to support the Client's compelling business need. I am privileged to have worked with him and would definitely recommend him to any major Supply Chain reinvention project
John provides excellent guidance and expertise in S&OP implementation. From analysis the current position through to process mapping, and ultimately implementing the right tools for us.
John applies his knowledge of supply chain theory and his experience in other industries and works well with our people to achieve excellent outcomes very cost effectively. We find John to be a very good partner
John has an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of Sales & Operations Planning, and the ability & experience to make SOP fit & work the way that best suits an organisation. He has a wealth of different industry experience which he is happy to share with his clients.